When I finished score for “Finding Home” (more on that later!) I naively thought I would be able to record a variety of other projects with all that extra time I would have.
Well, it turns out that raising Isla, taking American Sign Language lessons, and a (thankfully) busy day job pretty much have dibs on any remaining free time. I’m not complaining, of course, but it does mean that I need to work smarter on other music projects.
For example, the piece I’m posting today is only 1:48m in length, but I carefully worked on the piano part to get the delay effect just right, I agonized over whether I really like the contrabass at the :15 mark (still not sure.) Long story short, it took a week to do this “quick little piece.” Admittedly, I did it for fun, in between my other activities, but I still need to work on streamlining my process.
OK, enough of that! I call this one “Palimpsest,” which refers to a surface, such as a manuscript page, or even a wall that has been scraped off and used again. Yep, that’s what I named it.